Residential Workforce Housing Eligibility Checklist
- I am a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien who is a resident of the County of Maui.
- I am a resident of Maui County, since I am at least one of the following:
- Currently employed in the County;
- Retired from employment in the County, having worked in the County immediately prior to retirement;
- A full-time student residing in the County;
- A disabled person residing in the County who was employed in the County prior to becoming disabled;
- The parent or guardian of a disabled person residing in the County;
- A spouse or dependent of any such employee, retired person, student, or disabled person residing in the County; OR
- In the event of the death of the employee, retired person, student, or disabled person, the spouse or dependent of any such person residing in the County.
- I am eighteen years of age or older.
- I have a gross annual family income which does not exceed 140% of the County's AMI as established by HUD for the island of Maui (excluding Hana). View updated AMI →
- My assets do not exceed 140% of the County's AMI. Exclusions of certain assets apply, refer to Page 5 in the Kamalani Sales Application Package.
- I do not own 50% or more interest in any real estate suitable for dwelling and have not owned any within three years from the date of this application, or if I do, the only interest I own is in another affordable or RWH unit.
Learn How to Apply
If you think you might be eligible for Residential Workforce Housing, please make an appointment to see our sales team to learn how to apply.
Sales Applications Available
Kamalani Sales Center
49 Kihalani Place
Kihei, HI 96753
10:00am – 4:00pm
Open Tuesday – Sunday
A mortgage calculator is a quick and easy way to estimate your monthly mortgage payments. Click on the links below to access the mortgage calculators offered by Central Pacific Bank, American Savings Bank and Bank of Hawaii.
Benefits of Home Ownership
There are many advantages to buying a new condominium home or townhome versus renting or buying a used home. Besides the fact that everything is brand new, when you purchase a new home, you’ll enjoy numerous benefits, including...